How much of what you do, do you do for you? How much of what we do, do we do for others? How much of what we do for others, do we do for others who cannot do for us?

What we do has no impact on our salvation. What we do is a sign of who dwells in our hearts. What we do matters because we are brought into the good works that God desires to see done in this world. He does not need us to accomplish those good things, but he wants us to be a part of the work of his Kingdom.

So that we might be blessed to share in the work...and that in the midst of such works we might grow closer to him and to each other...as workers in the fields, not working to earn our portion of the harvest, but to grow in our understanding of what the harvest means, and to share in it because it was promised to us before our work in the fields began.

Why do I do what I do? Sometimes because I love God. And I act out that love to obey my Lord and to enjoy the blessings of good works in my life and in the lives of others.

Sometimes I do what I do because I love myself above all else. And when I do this sin, I am not condemned. When I sin I am still clean. I am not a shirt that gets dirty and is then cleaned again and again and again. I am righteous, holy and clean. Because God did so.

And who am I to call him a liar? ;)

Comments

Popular Posts