AM

There is, too often, a difference between what we know we should do, and what we do.  As a Christian I don't need any more answers than what God has already told me (the Bible).

I am a slave to my nature, whether my nature be sinful or righteous, the difference is in my nature, not my actions. My actions are but the visible and audible extensions of my nature, like the tip of an iceberg, with so much more below.

I am not what I do, I do what I am.

Spending time with God, in prayer and in the Bible and in other forms of worship, is all about affirming our nature in the presence of God, our faith and trust being reinforced by His Spirit and our pain and grief and struggles weakening in the Light of His infinitely sufficient grace.

If I am a Christian, then I should consistently behave a very specific way.  If I am not, then I will not act in that way, but in another, opposite way.

If I am who I say I am, then what I do should come as no surprise to those that know better.

Too many of us who claim Christ act in a way that surprises people with our lack of consistency.

Comments

Popular Posts