The Only Well

There are many reasons why I have been feeling down, cut off, disconnected, empty... I am nowhere near family anymore. I am in a new place that seems very different to me than other places I have been. I am doing a job that, while I have experience that parallels in some ways, is still wholly new. I am more responsible than ever for the paying of bills and expenses. I am, at 27, still unmarried, which will hurt no matter how well you come to terms with it.

There are many things that pull deeply within me.

But there is only one way to calm them, brush them away, work through them, move beyond them, acknowledge and learn from them...

...and that is to seek the Lord in daily prayer and daily reading the bible.

There is no substitute for time spent with the Lord in the early morning hours.

Comments

Popular Posts