Clarity?

Clarity.  Being able to see things as they are, not as I want them to be, or am afraid that they are...

You can see clarity in someone's eyes when they're talking to you.  Do they understand the world from God's perspective?  Or do they see reality in a different, muddled, shadowy, imperfect light?  How do I see the world around me?  How do I understand the motivations of the people around me?  Why do they do what they do?

Why do I do what I do?

I am afraid of not being able to see clearly.  And sometimes that fear is a caution that keeps me from rash, reckless, hurtful actions/words.  But sometimes that fear keeps me from speaking, keeps me from standing up for something or someone.

But this is how we should live, this is what it means to be meek, to consider others as better than ourselves...

Not because it is a good, moral thing to do, but because it is what God asks us of us, and it is not our great and wonderful works that God wants from us, He wants first from us our obedience.

Clarity.

I want to obey God in all things, but I'm worried that I am enough of a fool to miss areas in my life where I am not who God desires me to be.

Clarity.

I want to see clearly the person that God wants me to be.  I want to know when to speak.  I want to know when to listen.  I want to be able to look at my life and say with confidence, this is good, or this is bad...the quality being described as based on whether or not my life reflects a life structured around God and the Bible.

Clarity.


That's the answer.  If you want clarity, if you want discernment, if you want wisdom, live rightly and closely with God.



When you ask God for clarity
His answer will always be
pray
read the bible
fellowship
obey
and draw close to me.



You can't separate God's Will from His Presence.  So if you want to know what God thinks, then get close to Him, get to know Him, pray out of reverence and love and not to get something.  Read the Bible to learn more about who God is, not because its what you think you have to do to be a Christian.

And obey.

Obey.

Obey.

Or don't.

Comments

Popular Posts