What does it mean to be a "spiritual leader"?

I'm not sure.  I could easily come up with an answer that would satisfy anyone reading this, but, in the end, would it satisfy me?  It isn't about making decisions, although it is, in some smaller way.  It isn't about control, unless you mean self-control.  It definitely isn't about power, unless you mean relying on the power of God.  It isn't about how much you know, unless you count having eaten daily of something more than bread.

I am...not the, "spiritual leader" I would like to be.  And it doesn't help than when I think of what it means to be one, I see a mold that I fit imperfectly at best.  There is so much in leading spiritually.  It goes beyond theology, beyond abstract ethics and impractical theology on issues that don't touch us in the lives that we live every day.

I'll start by living for God, and asking for forgiveness when I fall, and forgiving with laughter and tears when my loved ones fall.  And when Satan comes for my family, I will stand tall, and turn him away from the door...where he was crouching with what was left of me...the person who once I was, before I met my Jesus.

Comments

Popular Posts