Be close

So often I deal with life from my perspective, and even when I think I'm really doing a good job at walking with the Lord, I'm still, more often than not, making decisions and speaking from my own perspective, even if I'm trying to make sure to do it in a Godly way.

But every once and a while I see, speak and do from God's perspective. And I am ashamed and embarrassed and humbled by how unlike myself I look and sound.

Ashamed because the only way to live out my life from God's perspective is to dwell in God's perspective for the sake of being close to God.

Read your bible. Pray. Discuss the Lord with your brothers and sisters in Christ.

And do it so that you might be close to God, not because this is how we "obtain" God. But because He invites to come close to Him, like a father holding His son on His lap while He reads His son a book.

Comments

Popular Posts