Maintaining Perspective

I'm not scared of losing my perspective.  In fact, I hope that I can stay as far away from it as possible, and so see the world by God's perspective.

It is my perspective that gets me in trouble, that justifies my sin and makes it sound better, that leads me into temptation, that makes me reckless, that makes me careless, that makes me care less...

My instinctive response to the world is broken, just as the world is broken.  Its not about fixing how you see yourself, how you see the world, how you see God.  It is about throwing out your immediate emotional reaction to what happens to you, what is said to you, what doesn't happen to you, what isn't said to you...

I have such a hard time looking at the world through God's eyes, unless I have time to sit back and think about it.  But in the moment?  I'm terribly self-focused, and no matter how hard I fight it, I am constantly reminded that I need to keep trying, keep seeking God, continually repenting...of following my own perspective.

How I see the world is wrong.  I get upset when I shouldn't.  I don't gt upset when I should.  I react when I shouldn't.  I don't react when I should.  I think I know more than I do and I know more than I'll admit...because if I admit to myself that I know what the right thing to do is...and I don't do that thing...then I am sinning.

The question isn't what can I get away with and still make it to Heaven, its what can I do to show people and tell people about how awesome my God is?

That's tough.

And if we're going to 1.  call ourselves Christians and 2. not be lying when we call ourselves Christians, we need to work hard at seeking God's perspective in all things.  We need to immerse ourselves in the Bible and in prayer.  We need to lean on each other, for encouragement, admonishment, confession...

Repent.  Believe.  Follow.

Its that simple.

Live it.  And invite others to live it with you.  That is the purpose for your life.  That is why we were made.





So do it.  :)

Comments

Popular Posts