Romans 12:2

I am oppressed. I am assaulted. I am at war.

With me.

When we sin, we are actually conforming, and doing so in a way that makes us more like everyone else that has ever lived than we could ever be in any other way. To deny ourselves, in the name of our growing relationship with God (through the sacrifice of Jesus), is to rebel against the greatest trend of conformity the world has ever known.

I do not want to go through life like an animal, conforming to my desires, lusts and hungers without higher purpose. I want to be who I was meant to be, a slave to righteousness, an heir to a kingdom, a spiritual son of a Heavenly Father, a brother in Christ...

I am want to be so much more than I am apart from God, for apart from him, I can do nothing.

So rebel, not by sinning, but by seeking Christ and acknowledging him to all men. That is the only real rebellion left, especially in our world today.

DO NOT CONFORM!

Comments

Popular Posts